A strong woman believes that she's strong enough to face her journey, but a woman of strength has faith that it is in this journey that she will become strong.







Wednesday, May 11, 2011

its clear to see, she was sent for me.


Three, bitches.
 I'm finding it very hard to believe that this time THREE years ago I was lying in a hospital bed listening to the heartbeat of my unborn baby girl on the fetal monitor and watching curiously as each contraction would bring me closer to meeting the love of my life. I can remember every detail of that day, I can still feel the seven pound weight of her body lying on my chest. I can still feel her heart beat as if its my own. Its days like today that we realize that its not just where we are from but, who we've become. I've overcome obstacles, laughed when I felt like crying and pushed through when I all I wanted to do was give up. I've seen Lily Grace grow and change in the last few years and can't tell you how proud she makes me. I can't quite put into words how thankful I am for her. We were blessed with her arrival three years ago today and oh what a blessing she truly is, I appreciate her more than she will ever know. It was a long, hard road to meeting her and one day she'll know just what a miracle she is. This overwhelming amount of love I have in my heart? it began with her. She inspires me everyday to be a better wife, mom, a better me. I know heartache and strength like no other but I also know pure love like no other, because of her. I've seen her develop into a little girl over these three years, an amazing, inspirational, I'm going places in this world, little girl. She's my bossy, blonde haired, air guitar playin', perfect little pixie who is quick to stand her ground, speaks right from the soul and will tell you every time, when she's happy. She's going places, she dances to the beat of her own drum and I will be there, every step of the way. I promise that I'll balance friendship and parenting, guidance and authority. I promise to keep secrets and stay up too late a time or two watching movies. I promise to be the 'cool' mom without embarrassing you. I promise to be at every game, play or competition you're ever in and I promise we'll always get milkshakes, play the air guitar and sing our hearts out to The Band Perry when we've had bad days. I promise to give you the best of me, all my life because you saved me by bringing me you.

Happy third birthday, Lily Grace! I want you to know today and always that I will be here always, wherever life takes you, I'll be here.
"I cross my heart, and promise too, I'll give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true. In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine."

Because nothing in this life warms my heart as much as playing this song as loud as we can and still being able to hear her angelic three year old voice own every word of it. Give me a sunny day. Sunglasses. a little air guitar and my soul mate singing her heart out in the back seat. I love this life, this life that has her in it. She makes my soul, free. Here's to you, Lily Grace, for being the most open minded, awesome three year old I've ever met.You were born to do big things, you're going to kick life's ass! Love you, boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment