A strong woman believes that she's strong enough to face her journey, but a woman of strength has faith that it is in this journey that she will become strong.







Friday, June 17, 2011

Un-planning, stiletto sprints & peacocks?

 Be crazy, just not send-her-to-the-looney-bin crazy. Have one or more, you know I don't judge more glass of wine. Say I love you too much, but only if you mean it. Hit the gym, then indulge in an 800 calorie milkshake which will in doubt, bring all the boys to the yard. Buy that purse or cute shoes in my case that you've been wanting, you deserve it. Rock those four-inch stilettos that you know you can't walk in but look damn good doing it. Life's little moments are what mean the most, I spend so much time in the 'what if' or trying to 'plan' things that sometimes I forget that the best things that happen in my life, aren't planned at all. When I met my husband, I wasn't looking for forever, I was looking for right now. When I fell into my job which was a 'foot in the door' to the business world, a step up from wiping asses of a class full of three year old's and I'll be here eight years come November. My first house, it was when the housing market was in full boom, there were four contracts on the townhouse in six hours. My hub was out four-wheeling, I went in, fell in love with the house and signed the papers  yeah, he's still mad about that one and they picked me, it ended up being one of the most un-planned yet best choices I've made. Lily Grace, while I had pretty much lost hope that it was going to happen naturally, the month after a simple procedure, the month that we went on vacation and infertility was the last thing on my mind, the month I realized that my cycle was actually a few days late, that was the month I got to see those two pink lines, even though the fact that we were 'trying' wasn't a surprise or unplanned, actually getting pregnant, was. I'm learning, learning to let things go unplanned because some of the best things are impromptu pot luck dinners at the park with friends, a trip to the playground after work while rockin' said stilettos, scarfing down cereal for dinner so you can spend 30 extra minutes at the pool and how the smell of the grill will always bring friends or family over.

I've been boss at work all week since her husband is having surgery and its good because it gives me a taste of what its potentially going to be like in a few years, I need these weeks where I have to do things I wouldn't normally do, work later than usual and handle things that are a little out of my comfort zone. I need to be put in this position so I know what I'm in for and if I even like this role which aside from the whole being responsible for 40 clients finances, I like. It does however, make for a long day. We're the only two in the office so when she's not here and I don't see any clients all day, I get loopy. I can only sing the chorus to "Rolling in the Deep" into my phone so many times before it bores me and heaven forbid some unsuspecting client call the office, shit you not I keep them on the phone abnormally long telling them my life story because all I've been doing all day is inputting numbers, texting, eating 100 calorie snacks because it makes me feel like less of a fat ass and doing my best Adele rendition. Wednesdays are nice, that's delivery of the payroll day, people are always glad to see you. I don't generally do deliveries so when I get to, its nice. I get a wawa sub for lunch, stop by Yankee Candle and mingle with clients, I totally make a day out of it. There is one place in particular the we deliver to that has a pet peacock, or a peahen rather, since its a girl. btw who has them as pets?really? I'm terrified of it, its big has glorious colorful feathers and it scares me to death. I hate even getting out of my car, I know its lurking and I know its intrigued by my being there. It really is a sight, my full on stiletto sprint from the car to the porch back to the car. One time I swear we had a stand off, that son of a bitch was exactly where I needed to be to pick up a folder, it was like a death stare and whoever looked away first lost. I lost, I know they say to never stare into the eye of a gorilla and I didn't want to find out if it's the same protocol for a peahen. It finally meandered back to its grounds and I was able to dart to the porch and back. I should get hazardous pay for this shit. You see, this is what happens when I'm alone all week, I do however promise that the peahen was an actual encounter and not just hallucinations of a crazy bookkeeper. Just another reminder that unplanned deliveries and peahen encounters only add to the little moments of life, the moments that make you laugh and the moments that make you go home and enjoy that well deserved glass of wine. because your encounter was THAT terrifying ;)

Scary, right?


Happy weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment