A strong woman believes that she's strong enough to face her journey, but a woman of strength has faith that it is in this journey that she will become strong.







Wednesday, April 6, 2011

when the days start gettin' warmer and the sun starts sinkin' slower

I 'let go' this month, of my pregnancy 'plan'. I haven't been keeping exact track of my cycle days or my CM, we haven't been having scheduled sex that always turns out off schedule anyway. I've been charting still, of course to confirm O and taking my prenatals. I've been pretty relaxed this month and keeping busy with other things. I let go and let god take over this month and couldn't be any happier with my choice. I should O Sunday (ish) time frame and we will go from there. I'm content right now, I've been running and tanning and eating banana pudding milkshakes (OMG try one, I promise you will not regret it!) from Chick-Fil-A on spring days, I'm feeling good and I'm happy for the months to come.

Fairy-Princess party planning is in full force! Invitations have been made an will be sent out next week followed by a trip to the party store to get all the party must-have's! Marilyn ( The best cake lady, ever!) is making Lily's cake again this year. She kicked ass with last year's Barney cake so I'm so excited to see what she will come up with this year. She has promised it will be "blinged-out" and fit for a princess! (what more could a girl ask for?) I bought 'fairy dust' (glitter) to make posters that say "Fairy Fly Zone" and "Paint a fairy house" (I bought little birdhouses at JoAnn's that are the perfect size for fairy's!) Lily is very much a part of the planning process and is excited about every single step. I don't ever remember having big 'to-do's' for my birthday as a kid, so I'm really relishing in the awesomeness that this party will be. I bought pails from the $1 Target bins, where else? that I will put flower seeds in so each kid can go home and plant their own fairy garden. Lily could not be any more excited about all of this. Seeing her light up every time we talk about it makes all of this going to a billion different stores for supplies, food preparation, and phone calls, worth it. Heck, maybe she'll even remember it to be as magical as it will be. Maybe I'm doing something right as a parent. ;)

Deck plans are also underway. Now that we got our 'second time homebuyers' tax credit we can get that sucker up! We had the final plans drawn up at the beginning of this week now its just submitting them to HOA and the town for the building permit. As much as I like HOA's for keeping people from painting their houses lime green and leaving cars on blocks in the driveway, it can be an inconvenience too, like this is my house--I will plant a tree where I want to plant a tree clearly I will not as this could incur a fine per day if you don't comply with them. We also have to have the signatures of both neighbor's beside us, don't see any problems with this so hopefully things go smoothly. We can't wait to entertain on our deck this year. These plans hold all the excitement for summer cookouts, damp little bathing suits and beach towels hanging to dry, sweet tea brewed by the goodness of the sun and the smell of the best summer food on that brand new grill the hub just got. For some reason food always tastes better when it comes off the grill, it always tastes better in the summer. As much as I like seeing the seasons change and enjoying each one (we have the best seasons in Virginia!), summer has my heart. I love digging out the beach bag from last year that still has last year's beach vacation sand in it. I love the sun and sun kissed skin, I love Brad Paisley concerts in the rain, I love the ocean breeze and the smell of the ocean salt, I love tank tops and flip flops. I love sipping wine amongst the crickets singing. I love the windows down and music up. I.love.summer.

1 comment:

  1. I am really happy for you. I am glad you let go a bit and put it in God's hands, I am sure you won't be disappointed. I often have to remind myself that God's timing isn't always my timing, I have lived that first hand and it isn't always easy. Yay for the deck and party planning, sounds like it will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete