A strong woman believes that she's strong enough to face her journey, but a woman of strength has faith that it is in this journey that she will become strong.







Wednesday, October 26, 2011

scars, yeah, she's got her scars


The candlelight vigil for my dear friend was perfect. Faces glowing amongst the candles flickering, stories told, tears shed and laughter ensued. Together, united, we all stood around the gravesite in a circle remembering the life of someone who touched each of our hearts. It was a cold October evening but the unity, stories and ambiance of the candlelight could keep even the coldest soul, warm. Strength comes in numbers and it was proven that night. All problems are set aside, age is insignificant and we all come together in a pain we each share, to keep the memory alive and to help each other heal through tears, joy and hope. Its a beautiful thing, to be a able to turn pain, into pride.

*****

I've been better at temping this month and lo and behold, what is this you ask? CH's on my chart! It means I most likely ovulated this month, I hadn't thought I had been and I'm still not entirely convinced as the post-o temps are still fairly low, but even a light O, is better than no O. this life theory goes for both types of O's if you catch my drift! We did have a little baby making action around the time I received CH's, so who knows! I am in no way getting my hopes up, I know how this goes and my last few months have been wishy-washy with short LP's. Its nice to think though, that it would be a miracle to 'unexpectetly' get pregnant after two years of trying.


*******

It may have been the cold meds that I'm taking to kick this cold, but I just had the most random e-chat with a customer service rep from the Halloween shop I bought my costume from, its also proof that I’m not an adult but it was too awesome not to share!
Hi, My name is JASON, what can I help you with today?
Stacy: Really? Is your name really Jason?
JASON: Yes. Why do you ask?
Stacy: I just figure most people who do these 24 hour online service things are from like India or something. No offense if you are actually from India or something.
JASON: None taken. Is there something I can help you with?
Stacy: So…you are from India. Oh, yes. I ordered a costume last week and never received a shipment email and I need it by the 28th. Oh, and I don’t have my order number.
JASON: What is the order name?
Stacy: Hannibal Lector
Stacy: Just kidding. I bet you get that a lot being a Halloween costume store and all. It’s actually Stacy Morrison.
JASON: One moment, while I retrieve your information.
JASON: We do have your order information, it was received on 10/20 and it looks like it was refunded the same day.
Stacy: I’m not sure why it was refunded, I never cancelled it?
JASON: It shows you should have received a notice via email about your credit card not being accepted.
Stacy: Are you judging me right now because my credit card was not accepted?
JASON: No ma’am.
Stacy: Because some jackwagon stole my credit card number last week and bought what I’m assuming was $300 in Redskins gear.
JASON: I’m sorry to hear of that.
Stacy: Anyway, I check my email daily and never got anything.
JASON: I’m sorry of that also, this is what was sent: *sends copy of email*
Stacy: So basically I need to reorder in hopes that I get it by Friday so I can win a costume party as Minnie Mouse?
JASON: I wish I had better news for you but it seems that is what you will need to do. We offer three day shipping for $8.99 that will get it to you by the 28th.
Stacy: I mean, that’s pretty much my only option at this point.
JASON: Touche.
Stacy: Are you even real? I bet you’re a robot named Jason.
JASON: I can assure you, I’m not. Is there anything else I can do for you today Ms. Morrison?
Stacy: A real robot wouldn’t tell me he was a robot anyway.
JASON: Well, if there is nothing else I can do for you, thank you for ordering!
Stacy: I’m in an office all day by myself. I bet this is your best day having a conversation with Hannibal Lector!
JASON: Have a happy Halloween!
Stacy: Do they have classes that like, teach you to send nice responses to belligerent/awesome people? I’m pretty sure if I was you, I would like talking to people in the USA.
 --
JASON is no longer available

Asshole.





We've got a busy weekend planned, a costume party Friday, (which by the way I landed on Minnie Mouse this year and Lily stood her ground on bumble bee) and the pumpkin patch followed by carving on Saturday. Its going to be a crisp fall weekend, one that you'll need to come home from picking out the perfect pumpkin to making up some hot chocolate while you watch pumpkin seeds glow in the oven.

1 comment:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHA
    thank you thank you thank you for making my night, I was cracking up. If only you could have heard his thoughts!

    ReplyDelete